torsdag 20 november 2014

A GREAT BLUE MONTH - WORLD DIABETIC DAY (WDD) 2014


Thanks to you, all around the world, helping increase the awareness of diabetes during the world diabetic day (WDD). I was in Stockholm to celebrate the day together with other diabetics. I also follow the world in Social media during the day and night and found a lot of great pictures from lots of places.
Swedish diabetic bloggers Diabetesia and Diabetesmannen together with me AnnaPS
Now I am going to share with you, my WDD in Stockholm, the capital of Sweden.

I visited Stockholm the day before and during the WDD. And that was great. The 13th of November it was an open diabetes event and I brought all AnnaPS garments to make it possible for visitors to try them on. It was popular and people really likes our tops and panties. I also demonstrate how to also carry hand units for both Omnipod and Frestyle Libre. Freestyle Libre (a FGM) is very hot in Sweden now, lots want it! You don´t have to stick your fingers!
All wants this! The new glucose meter Freestyle Libre- you don´t have to stick your fingers! Just scanning your bs.


It came almost 300 visitors and it use to be approx. 100. I am still dreaming on an extra big event in Stockholm during WDD so this was in the right way.

In Stockholm the Globe was shining blue all the day 14th of November, I like that.
 
The globe in Stockholm was shining Blue the WDD!
 In the evening lots of people came to the central of Stockholm (Sergels torg) and made a blue human ring. It was lot of people but I would love to see more and more. Lot of kids where there with their parents and to make them happy I worn a big Disney hat with blue lights. The kids like it.
In central of Stockholm we build a human blue ring.

 At this place also a "Blue Party" started and I meet up the great Swedish diabetic bloggers Diabetesmannen and Diabetesia who have planned the night. It was great to meat them in hot blue clothes. It was an open invitation to join and as always it is great to be among diabetics. Be there next time!
Diamyd is testing a vaccine that can stop diabetes!
On place we were invented to join a party in the company Diamyd locations and there I learned a lot about their incredibly exciting research finding a diabetes vaccine. To hear them telling me they probably have the vaccine that can stop diabetes is like coming to heaven. I will follow their studies and cross my fingers this is the right way.
During November I put effort to wear blue every day until WDD. It was fun and here you can see some of the blue days. I am already looking forward to next WDD and I am glad to meet you all during our "second birthday" as I heard a lot of diabetics saying during the WDD.

Meet you wherever you are!
To see more pictures from WDD please go to our Facebook 

Greatings from Anna (type 1 since year 1998)

This was my blue month.





Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar